Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Penne with Spinach, Gorgonzola, and Walnuts


This was an excellent dish, just what we needed on a rainy day.  It said serves 4, but I kind of played with the ingredients and we have none left.  It is from Fine cooking Dec/Jan. 
Ingredients:
Kosher salt
8oz. fresh baby spinach leaves (I had a choice of 6 or 10, I chose 10)
¼ C coarsely chopped walnuts
12 oz dried penne (I used 8 oz, whole wheat rotini)
¾ C heavy cream
2 ¼ oz. crumbled Gorgonzola (I had great blue cheese from Costco and used that)
Freshly ground black pepper
3 T chives (forgot)
Directions:
1.     I toast my walnuts on top of the stove is a small pan.  Watch closely, but this is the way I do not burn them. 
2.     I cooked the pasta for 10 minutes and added the spinach at the end. 
3.     Meanwhile I used my wok and melted the cheese in the cream with a pinch of salt and ¼ t pepper. 
4.     Drain the pasta and spinach and mix in the cheese/cream mixture.  Mix and add the walnuts. 
Serve to the delight of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment