Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Shredded Korean Beef Tacos


I got up early to start this crock pot dish.  This comes from the Year of Slow Cooking web site.  We were going to Brentwood to take a second look at the townhouse I found there.  We were gone most of the day.  Hint to those of you who try this, leave it on under your exhaust fan.  Poor Max spent the day smelling this delicious aroma.  He was wild by the time we returned. 
Ingredients:
3-4# beef roast (trimmed chuck roast)
½ C brown sugar
1/3 C soy sauce (I used reduced salt)
Head of garlic peeled but leave cloves intact (10)
½ onion diced
1” fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
1T sesame oil
1 whole jalapeno, diced
Corn or flour tortillas
Directions:
1.      Throw everything in, any order, a 6 qt. slow cooker.  Or in my case the size I have, whatever size that is. 
2.      Cook on low for 10 hours. 
3.      Serve on corn or flour tortillas with white or brown rice and shredded cabbage.
We skipped the rice but made the slaw below.  We have enough left over for 3 more meals.  Yes, even with Jim eating. 
Shredded cabbage
Ingredients:
1 bag shredded coleslaw from the grocery store’s produce section
1 T soy sauce
2 T seasoned rice vinegar
Salt and pepper
Directions:
1.      Toss together and serve immediately.
This got rave reviews and Jim liked it.  I can’t comment as I was in such a foul mood that I could have being served by Paul Bocuse himself and not tasted a thing.  My current southern experience is Yes Mam, No Mam, Thank you Mam, turn around so I can stab you in the back Mam!  Everyone is so polite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment