Thursday, April 14, 2011

Annie's mac and cheese, Mexican style

I was alone last night, Jim is in TN.  Felt like Mexican food, but not doing a lot of work.  Looked in the cupboard and found Annie's mac and cheese and stewed tomatoes.  Annie's Mac and Cheese is posibably the worst in the world.  Jim bought a boat full thinking it was Kraft at Costco.  Kraft mac and chees is his got to meal when he is alone.  In the refrigerator I found Salsa Con Queso and Salsa Verde.  I boiled the macaroni for 12 minutes and drained.  I heated up the tomatoes and added the fake cheese to the tomatoes instead of milk as directed.  When it was disolved I added 1/2 C salsa con Queso and 2T salsa verde.  Added in the macaroni and cooked to warm the pasta up.  If was easy and very tasty.  I will not pretend this was a gourmet meal, but it filled the bill last night, fast, easy and tasted Mexican.

No comments:

Post a Comment