Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bok Choy with Garlic


I made dinner after all last night as I was in no mood to go out.   My left cheek looked like I had swallowed a ballon.  I had Easter candy for lunch, Peeps.  The dentist said nothing hot, spicy or crunchy.  Those little yellow marshmallow shaped birds were calling my name and had the blessing of a medical professional. 
For dinner I tried another Bok Choy recipe.  In case you haven’t guessed it is my favorite vegetable.  I got this off the internet, but it says it was provided by Food and Wine magazine.  With it we had tilapia and boiled tri-colored potatoes.  I topped the potatoes with coconut butter and chives.  The coconut butter was really good on the potatoes.  I chopped up left over fresh basil and cilantro and baked the tilapia smothered in the herbs.  It ended up that only the potatoes and fish were soft enough for me to eat. 
Ingredients:
½ C chicken stock
2 t cornstarch
1 T vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic minced
2 # bok choy
Salt and pepper
Directions:
1.      In a measuring cup whish the stock with the cornstarch. 
2.      Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
3.      Add the garlic and cook over high heat until fragrant. 20 seconds. 
4.      Add the bok choy and stir fry until the leaves start to wilt, 2 minutes.  Add the stock and cook, stirring until slightly thickened. 
5.      Remove the bok choy from the heat and season with salt and pepper.   
6.      Serve immediately
This was crisp and fragrant.  The cornstarch gives it that American Chinese restaurant look.  It was good, but unfortunately too tough for me to chew with the pulled tooth sore mouth.  Today we went to our golf club for Easter Brunch.  We then played 9 holes of golf.  This was followed by a nap.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment